If you are like me, all of these post-Thanksgiving special days designed to part you from your money are a bit much. I get it – they do it because it works. I’m actually glad someone came up with #GivingTuesday, because it does make a difference.
However, I want you to know that there is more than one way to give of yourself. Here are a few:
- Volunteer at the OTSE office either in-person or virtually
- Mobilize people in your community to take action to stop the resumption of executions
- Organize a public education event in your community
- Visit your legislator in their district office
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- Pray for OTSE’s success, and for healing for all those touched by violent crime
One way or another, OTSE needs your gifts now more than ever. Most urgently:
- Please write and call Governor Kasich today. Executions are scheduled to resume in January. Your voice is a crucial part of our action plan.
- Join the “No Need to Execute!” Governor Postcard Action. Click here to pre-order a set number of postcards your community will commit to get signed and send to the Governor. Order right away (by 9am, Monday December 5) so that we know how many to print. We’ll have the cards to you by Friday, December 9.
Of course, Ohioans to Stop Executions (c3) and the OTSE Action Fund (c4) put every dime received to work achieving the strategic goals that you and I share. Please click either of those links to invest in our success today.
On behalf of our entire board and staff, I wish you and yours all the best this holiday season and in the new year. We are honored to be your team working across Ohio to end the death penalty. We can see that bright light shining at the end of the tunnel. Can you?
Executive Director, Ohioans to Stop Executions